- Last Updated: January 9, 2022
Personal Information We Collect
We collect your personal information in the course of providing Mediu Offerings to you.
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We collect any information you provide in relation to Mediu Offerings.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect certain types of information when you interact with Mediu Offerings.
- Information from Other Sources: We might collect information about you from other sources, including service providers, partners, and publicly available sources.
For examples of information we may collect, please read our Examples of Information Collected.
How We Use Personal Information
We use your personal information to operate, provide, and improve Mediu Offerings. Our purposes for using personal information include:
- Provide Mediu Offerings: We use your personal information to provide and deliver Mediu Offerings and process transactions related to Mediu Offerings.
- Measure, Support, and Improve Mediu Offerings: We use your personal information to measure use of, analyze performance of, fix errors in, provide support for, improve, and develop Mediu Offerings.
- Recommendations and Personalization: We use your personal information to recommend Mediu Offerings that might be of interest to you.
- Comply with Legal Obligations: In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect, use, or retain your personal information.
- Communicate with You: We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Mediu Offerings via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, text, chat).
- Fraud and Abuse Prevention and Credit Risks: We use your personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Mediu, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
- Purposes for Which We Seek Your Consent: We may also ask for your consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you.
For more information about cookies and how we use them, please read our Cookie Notice.
How We Share Personal Information
- Transactions Involving Business Partners: We make available to you services, software, and content provided by third parties for use on or through Mediu Offerings.
- Business Partner Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf.
- Protection of Us and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our terms and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or security of Mediu, our customers, or others.
- At Your Option: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information
Location of Personal Information
Children’s Personal Information
We don’t provide Mediu Offerings for purchase by children. If you’re under 18, you may use Mediu Offerings only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE PROTECTED
Mediu is committed to protecting the personal data entrusted to us. We have implemented physical, electronic and administrative procedures to safeguard and secure this information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration and destruction.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
Upon request, we will provide an individual with reasonable access to the personal data that we hold about them except where the burden or expense of providing this access would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy in the case in question, or where the rights of other persons would be violated by such access.
We will take reasonable steps to enable you to correct, amend or delete personal data in our possession and control that is inaccurate or incomplete.
Under European data protection law you have a right to request access to personal data that are held about you on payment of a small fee. You also have the right to require any inaccuracies in your information to be corrected free of charge.
Retention of Personal Information
Contacts, Notices, and Revisions
If you have any concern about or want to contact one of our data controllers, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us.