Year after year, survey after survey, Agent Attrition has been the #1 Contact Center Challenge. For as long as I can remember it always has been. Recent research, however, shows it has been dethroned by Agent Desktop Tools. Of course, Agent Attrition is still a top concern, but it’s interesting that it slipped a few spots.
This aligns with what our clients are asking Mediu to consult and work on. The following trends are driving the increase in the number of applications/tools an agent must interface with:
- Increased focus on the customer journey
- Agents being asked to solve more advance customer problems
- Increase in the number of digital channels
- Connection with legacy / acquired systems
- Regulatory and compliance requirements
In a 300-seat contact center, this lost productivity results in over $1.5M of cost.
What’s your strategy on this topic?